some hopefully heavy mogilefs development

Cahill, Earl ecahill at corp.untd.com
Fri Sep 22 18:24:01 UTC 2006

Howdy,

My company is diving head first into some large scale file hosting and
we think mogilefs will serve our needs well.  Today we got four pretty
nice boxes and have a cluster of another say twenty not as nice boxes
that we can use to pound on our mogile cluster.  Had we known about the
summit last week (sorry, new to the list), we would have likely tried
pretty hard to make it.

We are going to have two and a half programmers on the project for a
fair amount of time and would like to do things right and give back what
we can.  Keeping in mind that we are going to have our own API in front
of mogile, we would like to do at least a couple things:

1.       Write a test suite (this would likely test through our API, but
perhaps we could write start some mogile specific tests.  I am not sure
what is out there already)

2.       Write a hammer suite.  Just hammer the heck out of mogile and
see how it holds up

Just wondering if anyone has much experience with either.  Also
wondering if we should hold off for mogilefs2.0, though the slides did
say things would be backwards compatible.

Thanks,

Earl