[Announce] mogilefs-server-2.00_03.tar.gz

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Mon Sep 25 17:59:51 UTC 2006

Mogilers,

I just uploaded mogilefs-server-2.00_03.tar.gz to CPAN.

If you want to experiment with the 2.0 server (which is backwards
compatible with 1.1), you just have to run mogdbsetup with the
--noschemabump option so your Mogile database thinks it's still version 5,
instead of version 6, then 1.x will start up against the version 5
database.  Then you can run a mix of 1.x and 2.x trackers.

You'll also have to run the 2.x mogilefsd with the --no_schema_check
option so it'll start on schema 5 instead of schema 6.

And yes, I just noticed writing this email the foobar vs foo_bar
inconsistency.

Again, for those not at the summit, we're using 2.0 in production and it
seems great.  Nothing's bitten us yet.

- Brad