Data splitting

stefan deubeulyou at
Thu Aug 2 21:29:01 UTC 2007

On 8/2/07, Ask Bjørn Hansen <ask at> wrote:
> You don't want to expose to your users where the files are really
> stored - that's an internal detail.
> Just do it as (or really better as or
> some other domain that doesn't get cookies from your main site).

Good one !

In the same spirit, you can have and, but as aliases to, as it'll
let browsers get images in parallel and thus speed up overall
page loading if you have many images (browsers limit themselves
to 2 parallel connections to the same host) ... I seem to
remember the sweet spot was 2 to 3 different hostnames, not

Can't find the study I got that from though - maybe it's in there
somewhere :

But I'm offing the topic :p