[mogilefs] bradfitz, r1114: more work on custom replication policies...

Arthur Bebak abebak at fabrikinc.com
Thu Aug 16 19:54:50 UTC 2007

Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Arthur Bebak wrote:
>
>> Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Arthur,
>
> That's exactly what the default policy already does.  Read the docs:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~bradfitz/mogilefs-server-2.17/lib/MogileFS/ReplicationPolicy/MultipleHosts.pm

Of course, use the source Luke! I was obviously misinformed about the
defaults.

> To write your own replication policy, subclass
> MogileFS::ReplicationPolicy, and override the 'replicate_to' function.

Thanks, that's useful since I'll have to write something to replicate
between different clusters of servers also - e.g. between Mogile
clusters located in different colos.

> Just see the source to the base class and/or MultipleHosts.pm and it'll
> be obvious.

Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.

--
Arthur Bebak
abebak at fabrikinc.com