Allocating MySQL cluster nodes for MogileFS database

Arthur Bebak abebak at fabrikinc.com
Wed Feb 7 18:36:57 UTC 2007

Jared Klett wrote:

> 	and the MySQL cluster storage nodes:
>
> * Dual Opteron 2.4 Ghz (Troy)
> * 8 GB memory (may upgrade to 16 before going into production)
> * 3ware 8006-2LP (RAID-1 for system)
>
> 	am I way off base here? asking for trouble (performance
> problems)? if so, what should I move off the file servers to other
> machines?

I suspect your file servers are fine, though given that MogileFS copies
its files into memory (e.g. the get_file_data call) the more memory the better.

The only other comment I would make is to configure your MySQL boxes with Raid 10.
You want high IO rates, particularly if your DB size will be large, and of course
you want the reliability.

--
Arthur Bebak
abebak at fabrikinc.com