Reallocation without MySQL cluster (was: Allocating MySQL cluster nodes for MogileFS database)

Jared Klett jared at blip.tv
Wed Feb 7 20:25:15 UTC 2007

hi Arthur,

	you're quite right. I worry a lot about downtime, which makes me
gravitate towards MySQL cluster. replication with failover should do
nicely for now - as you say, until we outgrow it. :)

	thanks again for the advice on memory for the file servers. I
just ordered 8 x 2 GB DIMMs. :)

	so now my planned setup will look like this:

file1 - mogstored, mogilefsd
file2 - mogstored, mogilefsd
file3 - mogstored, mogilefsd
file4 - mogstored, mogilefsd
db1   - mysqld (master)
db2   - mysqld (slave)

	which I may want to change yet again, since I'm now exploring
the different options on how to serve files out of MogileFS via HTTP -
either Apache 2 or Lighttpd.

	but I have more research to do on those before I start asking
questions... unless someone has a recommended method. :)

cheers,

- Jared