Robust PHP MogileFS Client

Robin H. Johnson robbat2 at gentoo.org
Tue Jul 3 01:15:15 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 06:37:13PM -0700, Erik Osterman wrote:
>  We are releasing our MogileFS PHP5 client under the terms of the GPL
>  license. This class requires PHP 5.1 or greater due to the use of memory
>  based streams. I have attached the current version to this email.
I like the concepts here, but why didn't you consider using CURL's
READFUNCTION instead of writing the data to a memory-stream and then
reading it back?

READFUNCTION should give you full PHP4 support for dealing with the CURL
PUT problem you mentioned on your blog. (Plus rip out the exceptions
later to give PHP4 compat).

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member