Announce: mogilefs-server 2.17

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Fri Jul 13 22:33:30 UTC 2007

Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> New MogileFS server release:
>
>     http://danga.com/dist/MogileFS/server/mogilefs-server-2.17.tar.gz

Just for what it's worth to the mailing list, I just completed an
upgrade from 2.07 to 2.17 on an 8 tracker, 55 disk setup. Smoothest yet!
Didn't even have to fix any bugs this time :)

The version we were running at gaia before was pre-fsck and pre-iostat,
so this was significant. I'd definitely like to see more work into the
dep bundled version since getting everything installed was a bit
painful. The iostat weighting has already made the IO usage go way down
across the board.

Also, fired up the fsck job yesterday :) 1 billion fids to do, current
ETA is 6 months (down from 244 thousand years yesterday. It'll probably
finish in a week). It's already found/fixed a ton of shit.

$ mogadm fsck status

     Running: Yes (on 10-207)
        Time: 2329m (65 fids/s; 261863m remain)
  Check Type: Normal (check policy + files)

  [num_GONE]: 2
  [num_MISS]: 3
  [num_NOPA]: 4483
  [num_POVI]: 371757