Question on using "drain" device state

Jared Klett jared at blip.tv
Tue Jul 31 16:58:32 UTC 2007

hello Mogilers,

	I've marked a device in my MogileFS cluster as "drain" and it
did indeed work as advertised.

	Now that I've done that, I want to take that disk out and
replace it with a larger one. My question is: should I now mark that
device ID as "dead" and create a new device ID for the larger disk, or
can I mark the device that is in "drain" state to "alive" once the new
disk is installed and mounted?

	I'm guessing that it's best to play it safe and mark it "dead"
and just create a new device, but I wanted to check with the experts. :)

cheers,

- Jared

--
Jared Klett