Squid in front of mogilefs

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Tue Jun 26 21:04:55 UTC 2007

Squid speaks HTTP to the thing behind it, so you need something that Squid
talks to that speaks HTTP, translating the pretty end-user URIs into
intenral Mogile paths, and injecting your application-specific caching
headers.

Yes, MogileFS storage nodes speak HTTP internally, but there's a lot
of them (so which does Squid point to?), and they don't have good cache
headers (how can they know your caching rules?), and don't have pretty
URLs.

So what you want is probably:

   browser <-> squid <-> Perl/PHP/etc <-> mogilefsd