more then 4 billion files?

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Fri Mar 2 21:37:41 UTC 2007

If you run mogdbsetup with environment variable MOG_FIDSIZE=big, then all
the tables will have 64-bit fid columns (or if you upgrade later, it'll be
auto-detected as previously 64-bit, and make new tables also as 64-bit).

In that case, more than 4 billion files is no problem.

vox.com already uses 64-bit identifiers, and nowhere in the MogileFS core
do we enumerate over all items or whatever.

So go for it!  :-)