More than one device on a host

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Fri May 11 22:10:38 UTC 2007

Each mogstored host can have its own docroot, but each device on that host
has to be mounted right below that docroot.

If docroot is /var/mogdata (the default), then dev1 and dev2 need to be:

  /var/mogdata/dev1
  /var/mogdata/dev2

If docroot is /database/mogdata, then dev1 and dev2 need to be:

  /database/mogdata/dev1
  /database/mogdata/dev2

You can't do some weird mix like:

  /database/mogdata
  /dev2/mogdata

There needs to be a common prefix, the --docroot parameter.

The recommended default values are STRONGLY recommended, because all the
tools (like "mogautomount") work well together if they all use the
defaults...

- Brad