Files to delete

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Sat May 12 20:38:37 UTC 2007

On Sat, 12 May 2007, Oezcan Acar wrote:

> > Make sure you're running [delete] jobs on your mogilefsds...
>

> Does that mean, that I am not able to delete files via mogilefs client
> like java mogilefs client? The delete operation must be executed
> directly on the tracker?

The "delete" from the java client (the one that speaks the mogilefs
protocol to the mogilefsd machine), just does an immediate delete of the
key (filename) from the namespace, and enqueues it to be actually deleted
from the filesystems in the future.

Because the database has to be available, but the mogstored machines may
be temporarily down.

The [delete] process(es) under the mogilefsd on the tracker are what
process that to-delete qeueue and actually do HTTP DELETEs to the
mogstoreds....

- Brad