Patch to MogileFS::Client to fetch only a range of bytes from a file

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Mon May 14 21:46:06 UTC 2007

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

> On May 11, 2007, at 3:02 PM, Arthur Bebak wrote:
>
> > +Be careful because not all web servers support all of the range
> > header
> > +formats above, so test against whatever is running on your
> > mogstored nodes.
>
> You could have the code check for the "Content-Range" header or a
> "multipart/byteranges" Content-Type in the response and return an
> error if it's not there.

I agree.

I large explosion here is better than silently
wrong data being returned.

Arthur, I also couldn't get the patch to apply to svn.  You just want to
send me your htdigest line for realm "Danga" and commit it yourself, once
you fix up the Content-Range response header check + explosion?

- Brad