easy installation via CPAN

Brandon Ooi brandon at hotornot.com
Tue May 15 02:12:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

Quick question. I'm trying to set up mogile and it seems like the
easiest way is via CPAN. I was just wondering if this is a legit way to
install releases? It seems like Brad is keeping up with mogile releases
on cpan for both the server and the client.

Here's what I did...

1) upgrade CPAN for good measure...
$ cpan
 > install Bundle::CPAN
 > reload cpan
$ cpan
 > upgrade

2) install the bigger dependencies
$ cpan
 > install DBI
# skip tests... needs mysql-devel packages.
 > force install DBD::mysql
# I think this deprecates Linux::AIO?
 > install IO::AIO

3) install mogile!
 > install MogileFS::Server
 > install MogileFS::Client

Things "seem" to work and it seems like the quickest way to install
mogile + dependencies. Anybody try this kind of install before I throw
this into production?

Also, will MogileFS::Utils be made into a CPAN installable package?

Warning: Cannot install MogileFS::Utils, don't know what it is.
Try the command

    i /MogileFS::Utils/

If anybody finds this useful, I can throw this + a simple configuration
into an install guide. Thanks!

Brandon