Patch to MogileFS::Client to fetch only a range of bytes from a file

Arthur Bebak abebak at fabrikinc.com
Wed May 23 18:43:22 UTC 2007

Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

> On May 22, 2007, at 18:12, Arthur Bebak wrote:
>
> The feature would be nice - the patch needs a little cleaning up...

It's all yours Bjorn, go for it. It does what I need it to do so
I'm happy :)

> * I'd take out the "Note that the offset byte is included, so in general
> the formula is: ..." comment. That's kinda obvious and Too Much
> Information.

LOL! When you're writing software based on somebody else's code there is no
such thing as too much information.

> * When a range request is done and it's not supported; I think the
> client should die (croak? -- at least warn with carp)  rather than just
> return undef.

Nope, you never want your process dying on you just because some
module decides to kill itself. Modules should always return an error
and let the calling program deal with it. MogileFS is very good about that.

--
Arthur Bebak
abebak at fabrikinc.com