Patch to MogileFS::Client to fetch only a range of bytes from a file

Arthur Bebak abebak at fabrikinc.com
Wed May 23 19:57:04 UTC 2007

Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

> On May 23, 2007, at 11:43, Arthur Bebak wrote:
>
>>> The feature would be nice - the patch needs a little cleaning up...
>>
>> It's all yours Bjorn, go for it. It does what I need it to do so
>> I'm happy :)
>
> Until you have to upgrade...
>
> The patch as written isn't suitable for inclusion, so unless someone
> else who needs it cleans it up you'll have some manual merges to do in
> the future.  :-)

That's fine. It's a pretty trivial patch and it's out there available
to anybody who needs it which is what is important. Just giving back
to the community.

With regard to your other code comments, my philosophy is that
readability is more important then some vague concept of elegance (c.f.
the terrific "Perl Best Practices" book). Which makes me scream in
horror at something like this which you suggest as an improvement:

> $res = $ua->get($path, ($range ? ("Range" => "bytes=$range") : ()));

But, to each his own. I really do appreciate your comments and
suggestions, I just don't have the time to work on this any more.

Thanks,
--
Arthur Bebak
abebak at fabrikinc.com