Serving files securely to web clients via mogile

Yoav Steinberg yoav at monfort.co.il
Thu Nov 8 11:38:35 UTC 2007

Hello,

Not sure this is the place, but maybe someone can give some info me a
tip here.

I want to use mogile to serve files to remote clients via http. Ideally
the files should be accessed directly from the storage nodes by the
clients. Mogile seems good for this since all file access is via http,
and it works nicely with robust http servers (like lighty).

Problem is that I don't want the remote clients to see the actual
MogileFS file path when accessing the files and I want some security not
letting any client access any file. So instead of providing the client
with something like "http://myserver.com/dev1/0/000/000/000000001.fid",
I want the client to access some name I generate (for example with
lighty's mod_secdownload).

Question is how would I go about configuring the storage nodes to do
this? Is there any such built in functionality in MogileFS?

Thanks

    Yoav.