Large file (auto-chunking) in MogileFS

Lance Boomerang lreed at boomerang.com
Tue Oct 16 14:54:57 UTC 2007

I am a Large file MogileFS newbie.

I have been testing a small MogileFS install using mogtool.  Works well
enough for file access.  I noticed I have to use the --bigfile option
for large files.  Does anyone know the current plan / status of adding
in auto-chunking in MogileFS in upcoming versions?  At this point I
assume the client needs to do the work to chunk if the files are large.

I have not poked around yet to see if any of the existing Clients do
that (Java, DAV).

I have also been testing HDFS (hadoop) and it does do this, so I was a
bit surprised.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Lance