General weirdness

Rob madcamel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 19:28:49 UTC 2007

I've been playing with mogile with the intent of eventually using it in
production, but I am having some major issues. Perhaps I didn't install
things properly (used CPAN), or perhaps my perl environment is just plain
broken. Any hints would be much appreciated.

My servers run slackware 11.0 with perl 5.8.8

Some of the issues I'm having:

Perlbal/mogstored quietly exit when running under load. No errors thrown,
just exit. The problem refuses to happen while I am stracing the process
(heisenbug)

Randomly cannot connect to mogilefs backend, when there is only one process
using it - MogileFS::Backend: couldn't connect to mogilefsd backend at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/MogileFS/Client.pm line 548

Lots of these types of errors when trying to insert files -
MogileFS::Backend: tracker socket never became readable (172.16.42.1:7001)
when sending command: [get_paths domain=movies&noverify=0&key=021D3A

I have tried with IO::AIO and without to no avail. I haven't yet been able
to figure out what is going on, any ideas?