fsck hangs when a bad fid is encountered

Del Raco el_draco at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 08:27:10 UTC 2007

Hi,

We just upgraded our MogileFS installation from
2.00_03 to the current 2.17, so the fsck feature is
new to us.

It appears that whenever a bad fid is encountered (ie
no corresponding entry in the file_on table), it just
gets stuck logging more and more SRCH and NOPA entries
to the fsck_log.

If we delete the bad fid from the file table, it will
continue until it hits another bad fid.

Is this normal?  We started fsck by doing "mogadm fsck
start".

Thanks.