request for installation manual mogileFS 2.0

Jonathan Share jshare at opera.com
Mon Sep 10 15:05:49 UTC 2007

Jaco wrote:
> I am trying to get the current SVN MogileFS working on Debian but the
> manual currently avialable doesn't do the trick:
> http://mogilefs.schtuff.com/another_how_to_install_mogilefs_debian_sarge.
> It seems this manual only works for the 1.x version of MogileFS.
> I am stuck when I try to install Gearman::Client with CPAN which needs
> String::CRC32 which gives the following error:
>
> make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2
>   /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
> Running make install
>   make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
>
> Could someone provide me with a more current manual?
>
> Thanks in advance!

I hit this issue today (along with various gripes with the manual, I
will update when I'm not under time pressure).

It appears the the Gearman self tests depend on some server that is not
available during the install. My workaround was to do the following,

perl -MCPAN -e'force("install","Gearman::Client");'

I have no working perl knowledge so no idea if this is the recommended
method.

Jon