MogileFS Perl initialisation / performance issues.

Tomas Doran tom at state51.co.uk
Mon Apr 21 09:43:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 10:25 +0200, Ferdy Galema wrote:
> I don't understand the fact that i would be using CGI? Is it because
> of "use CGI qw(:standard)"? I defined the right properties in
> httpd.conf. What should i use instead to request the id parameter?

Sorry, the question I should have asked is 'are you using
Apache::Registry'? - that's using mod_perl in 'fake CGI' mode ;)

Assuming that you are, then storing an instance of MogileFS::Client in a
closure will work fine, and avoid the TCP 3-way handshake startup time
of connecting to the Mogile trackers for most of your hits.

Cheers
Tom