File_Mogile Proposed to PEAR

Steve Williams sbw at digg.com
Fri Feb 1 16:44:03 UTC 2008

Dormando, thanks for your email.

>Feel free to link to it on the wiki if you haven't already.

Sure!  I don't see an appropriate spot for it.  Is there a page where
libraries are listed?

>I assume the timeouts/etc are modifiable by nature of them being
>public values? If not, they should be controllable without editing source :)

They can be config'd by:

File_Mogile::$socketTimeout = {new value};
$m = new File_Mogile(...);

We have used that a lot at Digg, but since I wrote File_Mogile, we've
begun to think it's not the best technique.  One could make a strong
argument that a setopt() method would be better.

>... the CURL timeout and options aren't exposed ...

Good point, thanks!

Hmmm...  Now I look at the code, it isn't clear to me whether PHP's
CURLOPT_TIMEOUT corresponds to cURL's --max-time or
--connect-timeout.  That makes it hard to document the new config precisely.