Large-scale production installations, and another question

Nick Andrew nick at nick-andrew.net
Wed Jul 2 06:46:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 02:17:14PM -0400, Jared Klett wrote:
> 	We've been using MogileFS for about a year and half now at
> blip.tv.
>
> 	We have nearly 20 storage nodes with 130 TB of storage (we use a
> device count of two since we're dealing with files anywhere up to 1 GB),
> and 2.81 million files.

Does anybody have a problem if I add these to a USERS.txt file in the
mogilefs repository? Current proposed contents are:

From: Kiren Sekar
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:54:33 -0700

        We use Mogile at Sharpcast for our SugarSync service.  We are
        currently storing about 220 million files, 120TB logical.

From: Jared Klett
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:17:14 -0400

        We've been using MogileFS for about a year and half now at
        blip.tv.

        We have nearly 20 storage nodes with 130 TB of storage (we use a
        device count of two since we're dealing with files anywhere up to 1 GB),
        and 2.81 million files.

Nick.
--
PGP Key ID = 0x418487E7                      http://www.nick-andrew.net/
PGP Key fingerprint = B3ED 6894 8E49 1770 C24A  67E3 6266 6EB9 4184 87E7