mogile connectivity problems?

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Thu Jun 26 17:37:35 UTC 2008

Track the 'stats' command from the interface... It'll list some useful
information.

Also sit around with !watch open to see if your query workers are dying
for some reason.

Check lsof (or just ls -l /proc/[pid]/fd | wc -l) to see how many fd's
your trackers are using, compared to the default limit of 1024.

Finally, write a small script that'll connect, run some basic get_paths
or something, and disconnect every few seconds. Run one on localhost and
one remotely to see if you can reproduce the issue and if it happens on
localhost as well.

-Dormando