Perlbal documentation

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Tue Oct 12 17:07:40 PDT 2004

Our goal was to get something up by last Friday, but missed it.
I'd be really sad if we don't have a page & docs up for it sometime this
week.

A couple others have played with it, but nobody else is running it in
production that I know of.  (witness lack of docs)

As I see it, we need to:

-- document prereqs:  Linux is required at this point, and Linux
   2.6 (for epoll and scheduling) is recommended for production.
   FreeBSD and other Unix support later.

-- make packages for Danga::Socket and Perlbal (which requires
   Danga::Socket).  but for now you can just check out lib/Danga-Socket
   from cvs.danga.com in wcmtools repo and "perl Makefile.PL; make
   install" I believe.

-- document perlbal config files (though there are examples in cvs)

-- document why we made our own load balancer in the first place
   (explain the cool tricks it does)

-- document the plug-in interface hooks

Brad