perlbal on debian woody

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Tue Oct 19 17:42:57 PDT 2004

We originally developed and deployed it under Woody, but Perl 5.6 in Woody
leaks subrefs  like crazy.  The processes would grow to hundreds of MB of
memory and be killed by the kernel.

I recall there used to be something you needed to do to AIO.xs in older
versions, but 1.3 should be fine if you have the right perl dev headers.