Perlbal and sessions.

Mark Smith marksmith at danga.com
Sat Feb 26 14:13:04 PST 2005

State is accessible from every node.  Requests come in with a session
cookie, and the web node asks memcache to see if it knows anything about
that session.  It falls back on the databases if memcache has no
information on that cookie.

Most of our infrastructure is replaceable and non-unique.  Our storage
nodes are all duplicated through Mogile, our load balancers are identical,
our web nodes all do the same things, etc.  The only parts of the system
that can't just be swapped out at will are the databases -- but they get
redundancy through having two machines doing the same load with only one
active at a time.

--
Mark Smith
junior at danga.com