balancing criteria

Jeff Green Jeffg at jobsgopublic.com
Mon Oct 3 06:39:26 PDT 2005

Before I plunge in and get a headache looking at code, maybe someone has
done something similar before. I need a load balancer that balances
based on a relatively simple load measure on each server. All right I'll
admit it the servers are running cold fusion and I want to stop them
getting requests while CF has a queue if the others in the cluster are
unladen.

Ideally I would put a file on each server every second or so with the
length of the queue and have the load balancer read this and do a very
simple transform on the 4 or 5 numbers and send requests accordingly.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeff