Perlbal-Long polling Vs Jabber

Prateek Mathur mathurprateek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 07:20:48 UTC 2006

As the mail subject says its so, im trying to implement a "long polling"
feature in our application-in other words something that "comet" apps try to
achieve.Clients that keep polling the server periodically could affect the
way you scale.So you need a way a to scale and also achieve real time server
updates to the client at the same time.
So basically I need a server that will handle Long polling,support of
thousands of connections/machine,and  load balance the connections to the
actual app server where the business logic.
And ofcourse as i mentioned, it should be easy to integrate this
functionality to our existing app server which runs in java.
Other apps Im evaluating are Jetty6.0 which is I guess is in alpha yet.
Hope that shows my requirements better?
Thanks
Prateek.