Patch: Selector Additions

Matt Mankins matt at loremipsumbooks.com
Sun Dec 24 15:23:14 UTC 2006

> Somebody else has been mailing me, asking about HTTP Binding, so
> it'd be
> great if you could open source this.  I'm sure we could
> collectively work
> out any kinks.

I put the XMPP code which implements XEP 124* into subversion today:

svn://code.loremlabs.com/xmpp-binder/

It's quite rough and does not have the ability to spread load over
multiple Perlbals, but keeps a connection open and works well enough
to make JSJaC work.  I suspect there's quite a bit of cleanup/rework
to be done before it's efficient.

> As for multiple Perlbals, if the client hit a Perlbal that didn't
> own that
> session ID, you could just send out a discovery query to the local
> network, asking which Perlbal owns that session (several ideas on
> how to
> do this easily), then just use Perlbal's normal HTTP proxying stuff
> (in
> particular the stuff used for X-Reproxy-URL, where no service is
> needed),
> to proxy that HTTP request to the Perlbal which doesown that backend
> DJabberd connection.

I'll have to try that.

Thanks,

Matt Mankins