Perlbal as reverse proxy connection handler only

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Sun Jan 22 03:15:24 UTC 2006

On Jan 21, 2006, at 6:32 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:

> What happened as a result: Requests to http://app.redhotpenguin.com
> were  successful.  Requests to other virtual hosts on my Apache
> server (such as http://www.redhotpenguin.com returned a 404.
>
> What I think is going on:  I think perlbal is sending HTTP 1.0
> requests to apache instead of HTTP 1.1 requests.  So Apache is
> handling all requests with the default virtual host
> app.redhotpenguin.com.

perlbal is forwarding the Host: HTTP header, so it's not that.

My best guess is that you specified your virtual hosts with something
like <virtualhost *:80> (instead of 8080) or some variation of
that.   (This summer I've used Apache for 10 years and I still
usually need a couple of tries to get the vhosts right when I setup
Apache with a fresh httpd.conf).

Do you use Apache 1 or 2?  If 1, then you should use "Listen 8080"
and "Port 80".

  - ask

--
http://askask.com/  - http://develooper.com/