controlling number of perlbal processes

Elliot F elliotf-danga-perlbal at gratuitous.net
Tue May 16 18:30:04 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I was wondering why perlbal starts up as four processes.  I grepped
through the distribution and most of the libraries, and the only forks I
find are under the deamonize method (~line 951 of lib/Perlbal.pm in 1.41).

What library is causing the fork, and what is the logic behind it?

The reason why I ask is that I am looking at using perlbal as the basis
of a small perl application server (rather than writing my own from
scratch or using something like POE) for use in memory limited embedded
devices, and having the four processes seems to be unnecessary in my
requirements.

Thank you,

Elliot Foster