Possible via a Perlbal plugin?

André Cruz andre.cruz at segula.pt
Wed Apr 18 09:08:16 UTC 2007

Hello.

I'm an happy Perlbal user so I'll start by congratulating the
development team. :)

I need a certain functionality and I would like to know if it's
possible to do this via a plugin (if all the hooks I need are in
place). I need to check the backend response to each request. If the
response is a redirect to a specific URL I need to set a cookie to
establish a temporary sticky session so that for the next X mins the
requests from this client will end up on the same backend that issued
the redirect.

The application on the backend is not under my control, btw, I just
need to satisfy it's requirements and I would like to continue to use
Perlbal.

So there are two parts this:

1- Check the response and set the cookie if needed.
2- Check the request for the cookie and send it to the requested
backend if it is set.

Is this doable?

Thanks and keep up the good work. :)
André Cruz