Possible via a Perlbal plugin?

Eric Lambrecht eml at guba.com
Wed Apr 18 18:02:51 UTC 2007

André Cruz wrote:
> On Apr 18, 2007, at 3:44 PM, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
>
>> Bot both uri hashing and sticky sessions come down to the basic  problem
>> of:  what to do in subsequent requests when that old node is out of  the
>> pool or down?  What are all the tunables for this policy/timeouts/etc?

We needed to add uri hashing to our load balancer and ended up using the
Cisco Content Switching Module on our switch to perform this balancing
for us.

My understanding is that when a node drops out, its work is balanced
over the remaining nodes. I have no idea how this works, nor how it
would continue to work if another node dropped out, but I'll look around
for some documentation to see how these guys pull it off.

Eric...