Serving Static Files

Todd Lipcon todd at amiestreet.com
Thu Aug 9 19:46:00 UTC 2007

If all of your static files match a regular expression, you can use a
selector service with a matching plugin in order to forward them to a
different reverse_proxy service.

You can find one such plug-in here:

http://jeremy.publication.org.uk/Urlmatch.pm

I've taken that and adapted it more to fit our needs, in order to set a
prioritized list of backend balancers. For example:

   URL_REGEXP 100 (?:jpg|gif|css|js)$    = static_service
   URL_REGEXP 0   .                      = balancer_service

If my plug-in seems to fit your application better than the Urlmatch
above, let me know and I can probably send it along.

Thanks
-Todd