Configurable Socket Timeout

Leon Brocard acme at astray.com
Fri Aug 10 10:36:45 UTC 2007

On 27/06/07, Justin Huff <jjhuff at mspin.net> wrote:
> Here is a quick patch to allow the socket time out to be configured on a
> per-service basis.

Yay, a patch!

> Disclaimer: we aren't (yet) running this in production.

That's probably best, it confuses the two max_idle_time subroutines
that used to be in the codebase ;-)

I've just got rid of one in ClientHTTPBase.pm which is now the
persist_client_timeout option in subversion (that defaults to 30
seconds) and is a timeout in seconds for keep-alives to the end user.

The other one is in Socket.pm: the default is for sockets to never
time out (0). Is this what you are interested in, or does the new
persist_client_timeout configuration option good enough for you?

Regards, Leon