Crash on 1.59 similar to 1.51 Can't call method "req_keep_alive" in ClientHTTPBase.pm

Brett G. Durrett brett at imvu.com
Wed Aug 22 23:48:28 UTC 2007

I am seeing a crash on 1.59 that looks similar to the crash reported in
1.51 (which, from the mailing list, looks like it was fixed).  I wanted
to know if anybody else has seen this in 1.59 as it is quite possible a
plugin is causing this problem (we have two pools of Perlbals running
1.59 with different plugins and only one pool appears to be suffering
from this).  The only change was an upgrade of Perlbal and the
associated dependencies... the Plugin did not change (although it was
previously running under 1.41).

*Aug 22 16:22:46 AF001252 perlbal[695]: crash log: Can't call method
"req_keep_alive" on an undefined value at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/Perlbal/ClientHTTPBase.pm line 124.*
Aug 22 16:22:46 AF001252 perlbal[695]: ending run

Unless I hear otherwise I will assume the problem is on our end.  If
additional information would be useful let me know what you would like
to see.

B-