perlbal and foundry

Jay Buffington jaybuffington at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 00:10:59 UTC 2007

Requests for static data on our site goes:
ServerIron -> Squid -> PerlBal -> mod_perl (to get X-Reproxy-...) and
then back to client.

The ServerIron has a virtual called static that resolves to a farm of
two squid servers.  We've had no problems with this set up.   We
currently have SI-XLs and we are replacing them with SI-350s in an
active-active configuration.

Jay