Crash on perlbal 1.53, possible Foundry influence

Brett G. Durrett brett at imvu.com
Tue Feb 6 23:29:19 UTC 2007

I have several perlbals running 1.53 that appear to crash (process is no
longer running).  This usually occurs for 1-3 hour periods where the
pool of ~6 will take turns going down about 15 minutes apart from each
other.  I don't see anything useful in any logs.

Normally I would not mention this but since there was another Foundry
posting, this pool of perlbals was recently moved to a Foundry
ServerIron and they are configured to use DSR (not NAT).  Do to some
recent changes in the way we monitor Perlbal, it is not clear if
processes were dying before the move to the Foundry (only port
connection was monitored, now we also monitor processes)

Has anybody else has seen a 1.53 Perlbal go MIA?

Is there any additional information / debugging I can provide that might
be useful?

B-