management of multiple perlbal instances?

Adam Jacob adam at hjksolutions.com
Mon Jun 18 15:04:13 UTC 2007

On Jun 18, 2007, at 6:49 AM, jeff gelb wrote:
> How do people handle propagating configuration changes to multiple
> instances of perlbal?   I can see extending/modifying things to
> check for new config files, or by putting together a management
> proxy that could connect to each instance.  Any suggestions?
> Anyone already doing something similar?

We have LVS  in front of Perlbal, and we generate and distribute the
Perlbal configuration with Puppet (http://reductivelabs.com/projects/
puppet/).  We give puppet a restart after a configuration change.

Adam

--
HJK Solutions - We Launch Startups - http://www.hjksolutions.com
Adam Jacob, Senior Partner