Are node removals "graceful"?

Paul Baker bakerp at google.com
Wed Oct 24 21:08:59 UTC 2007

I couldn't find this search the list archive and I tired reading the code to
see what happens but I haven't been able to put it together in my head yet.
Basically I want to know exactly what happens to the connections a node has
when it is removed from a pool, either through the command interface or from
a nodelist.dat file sync. If there are connections in wait_res or xfer_res
for instance, are they allowed to gracefully complete, or are they severed
immediately (and an error sent to the client?)