persist_backend and Apache config

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Apr 2 14:37:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 08:16:56AM -0700, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

> KeepAliveTimeout typically can be nice and high; there are no
> particularly good reasons to shutdown the connections.  Of course the
> difference between say 200 and 2000 is pretty small -- if the
> connection has been idle for that long the server obviously isn't
> getting much work anyway.   I usually use somewhere between 60 and 300.

So, what's your recommendation on keep-alives on the front end?
Again, all my static content is on another server.  So, for a page get
the only request is for the content -- so there's only one request.

The exception might be a browser that pre-fetches links -- or if the
client is something like a spider fetching links very often.

I assume the client Perlbal connections are very light, so the keep
alives on the front end are not much of a consideration.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org