ssl debugging

Mark Smith smitty at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 23:26:16 UTC 2008

> Any pointers you might offer if we wanted to work on a patch that would
> allow for a Perlbal SSL enabled webserver?  It
> would be nice to get this working for us and others.

Around line 505 of ClientHTTPBase.pm where it calls reproxy_fh, that's
where the logic begins to do the sendfile work.  Instead of doing
that, you would have to start basically doing aio_reads against the
file, then send the bytes out...

You'd have to have some sort of 'disable sendfile' flag on
ClientHTTPBase, and then change the logic... actually you could
probably just change the reproxy_fh function to Do The Right Thing.
Just remember to aio_read.

There might want to be some sort of warning, if someone turns on ssl
on web_server mode, print, 'Hey, this doesn't use sendfile and can
suffer a performance penalty!' or something to let the admin know
what's going on.

--
Mark Smith / xb95
smitty at gmail.com