how to enable x-forwarded-for in perlbal (fwd)

Todd Lipcon todd at
Tue Apr 22 03:59:04 UTC 2008

Evidently mailman was unhappy with being CCed below...

for the list archives:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:55:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: Todd Lipcon <todd at>
To: Hendra <hendra at>
Cc: perlbal at
Subject: Re: how to enable x-forwarded-for in perlbal

Hi Hendra,

X-Forwarded-For is enabled by default. What exactly are you trying to
accomplish? If you're trying to fix the IPs in the access log, you'll have to
modify the LogFormat you're using to show the X-Forwarded-For header instead of
the remote address. Something like:

CustomLog /path/to/access.log "%{X-Forwarded-For}i %l %u %t \\"%r\\" %>s %b"

Hope that helps,