Running multiple perlbal instances

Russ Garrett russ at last.fm
Tue Jan 29 23:44:12 UTC 2008

[CCd to the list because I think it would be interesting for other people]

Our LVS boxes are separate pristine machines which don't do anything
other than LVS (they balance quite a lot of other stuff), then we have 3
machines dedicated to perlbal.

For various reasons it's inadvisable to run target servers on the same
box as LVS - since LVS is a thin layer at kernel level you end up with
lots of issues - it is well worth having separate machines if you're
using LVS.

Russ