fair load balancing?

Drew Wilson amw at apple.com
Fri Jun 20 01:07:47 UTC 2008

I'll admit I'm completely knew to Perlbal, but I don't understand how
verify_backend will work here.

I just ran Perlbal up last week, proxying http requests to Mongrel app
servers.
I had "SET verify_backend  = on" in my config file.

I still saw long-requests blocking subsequent requests.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks,

Drew