Danga lists moving to google groups

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Sun Jun 29 00:17:45 UTC 2008

Yo all,

And hello to the gearman list, which I've apparently not been subscribed
 to.

I sent this list to the memcached mailing list earlier today:

You might've noticed that lists.danga.com sucks sometimes. It might
mailbomb you, it might not notify you of your own mail, or it might send
you an error and post your message eight times. Also digests don't
really work. I'm tired of babysitting mailman.

We've had plans for a few months now to start moving all of the
lists.danga.com mailing lists over to google groups. Since this list is
the one most likely to have problems with it, here's your head's up.

My plan is to take the entire subscription list from each of the danga
mailing lists, one at a time, and basically copy/paste them into the
google groups subscription form. Then I will lock down the old list so
no new posts can go to it, and update some pages about where to get the
new information.

I'd love to do this in the next day. So if you have issues/alternatives,
please speak up now!

[snip]

... and I think you guys are going first. In order from smallest list to
largest:

- gearman
- perlbal
- mogilefs
- memcached

So please, let me know if you have any issues with this. I'll be moving
the gearman list later today as a pilot.

have fun,
-Dormando