Mogile plugin for perlbal

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Tue Mar 11 15:45:41 UTC 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 8:38, Aaron Trevena wrote:

> I was thinking I could "just" add a couple of configuration options,
> i.e. mogile_domain and mogile_class, and use MogileFS Client to get
> the url to (re)proxy from the filename (using a subclass to provide a
> filename -> key mapping method, or maybe a mod_rewrite style rule)

I made a simple one some time ago.  It'll block if the MogileFS daemon
is slow for whatever reason and when I was working on making the
lookups run in another process it started to seem like a lot of extra
complexity for relatively moderate gains.

My ultimate goal was to make perlbal itself speak WebDAV with MFS as
the backend storage, but I don't have a real need for it myself so it
keeps getting pushed down the todo...

   - ask